Right now, Idaho Central Credit Union is offering some outstanding promotional offers that can help members save more efficiently for the future. For example, this credit union is currently offering a 60-month promotional CD that carries a 0.95% APY. That’s over twice the rate of a standard 60-month CD from this credit union, which usually offers a 0.45% APY on such accounts. Both the standard and promotional accounts require a $500 minimum deposit, though.
Some of Idaho Central Credit Union’s shorter promotional offers also carry desirable APY rates. For example, this credit union’s 24-month promotional CD offer comes with a 0.65% APY rate that is just below the 0.69% national average for such accounts. Their 12-month promotional CD even in the line with the current national average of 0.55% APY.
In addition to CDs, Idaho Central Credit Union is also currently offering promotional IRA accounts that exceed their standard rates. Their 60-month IRA is by far the most lucrative among these, with its 0.95% APY far exceeding any other standard or promotional offer in their catalogue. Their standard 5-year IRA account, by comparison, offers members a 0.60% APY on top of their $500 minimum deposit.
As a credit union, Idaho Central Credit Union does place some restrictions on who may open an account with their institution. To that end, a prospective Idaho Central Credit Union member must meet at least one of the following qualifications as well as pass any relevant financial background check:
- Be an employee, employer, student, or retirees of specific industries while living or working in Ada, Adams, Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Blaine, Boise, Bonneville, Butte, Camas, Canyon, Caribou, Cassia, Clark, Custer, Elmore, Franklin, Gem, Fremont, Gooding, Jefferson, Jerome, Kootenai, Lemhi, Lincoln, Madison, Oneida, Minidoka, Owyhee, Payette, Power, Shoshone, Teton, Twin Falls, Valley, or Washington Counties in Idaho
- Live, work, or attend school in Jackpot, Nevada
- Be an employee or retiree of the State of Idaho
- Be a member of any other credit union located in the State of Idaho
- Be an employee or retiree of the Micron Corporation and its subsidiaries and divisions
- Be an employee of The Idaho Credit Union League and its chapters
- Be a family member of anyone eligible under the previous criteria
More eligibility details can be found here.
In addition, Idaho Central Credit Union’s services are available to folks who visit any of their physical branches in the following cities:
- American Falls
- Coeur D Elene
- Idaho Falls
- Twin Falls
Also, residents of Jackpot, Nevada, can utilize this credit union’s services through their digital platform exclusively.
Credit Union Overview
Established in 1940, Idaho Central Credit Union began as a credit union to serve the needs of officers from other credit unions across the state of Idaho. Today, the union has 394,000+ members across two states, as well as 1,200+ employees and 42 branches. As such, it is currently the 36th largest credit union in the nation.
With regards to quality, Idaho Central Credit Union currently maintains a solid “A” rating for its overall institutional heath. That rating includes two “A+” ratings for Texas Rating (3.48%) and Deposit Growth (24.49%), respectively. Meanwhile, this credit union’s Texas Rating Trend and Capitalization are only just below a prime rating, at a “B+” and “C” rating, respectively.