Atlanta Postal Credit Union Reviews
Atlanta Postal Credit Union has a well-defined and fully structured history of over 90 years. It is one of the most safe and reliable places for all those individuals who want to manage their financial affairs in a very fine way.
The bank works on the objective that every individual must have true and easy access to secure financial services. However, to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the credit union let’s explore the thoughtful insights about all its products with a more detailed introduction.
Atlanta Postal is one of the most significant credit union options that is available in Atlanta, Georgia.
It is found as the most recognized financial institution that has Georgia’s oldest credit union history. It first appeared in the financial landscape in around 1925. Till 2018;
- It was the fourth-largest credit union in Georgia
- Works with the 113,000 members
- Has assets of approximately $2.12 billion.
As far as its financial landscape is concerned, the APCU works with a wide range of services. These services are;
- Savings account options
- Money market
- Secondary savings
- Club accounts
- Certificates of deposit
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
- Checking Accounts
- Kasasa Cash Back
- Kasasa Cash
- Renewal Checking
Moreover, in 2020, APCU further launched its new division called Center Parc Credit Union. It further targets the consumers in the market more broadly. This initiative was specially designed to put all the efforts to attract a wider range of members to the bank beyond its traditional and federal employee base.
Atlanta Postal Credit Union Locations
Apart from the services, all the people who want to join the APCU are encouraged to serve various organizations and communities within Georgia. It further includes;
- All the postal and federal employees
- Members of select organizations
- Greater Atlanta Postal Customer Council
- Georgia Credit Union Affiliates
For further consideration, the routing number of the credit union is 261171163, and it is a highly recognized member of the NCUA. This membership further ensures the federal insurance of the deposit of all the members.
The credibility of the bank can precisely be driven by its checking options. As far as the aspect of Atlanta Postal Credit Union is concerned, the following checking accounts matter a lot.
|Features and Benefits
|Kasasa Cash Back
|– Cash back on debit card purchases without category restrictions- No minimum balance requirement for earning rewards- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees (subject to certain conditions)
|– High interest rates on the account balance- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees- Typically no minimum balance requirement for earning rewards
|– Designed for individuals seeking a fresh start with their banking- Features and limitations aimed at helping members rebuild their banking history
|– Tailored for younger members- Includes accounts like Looney Tunes, Future Quest, CU Succeed, and Jump Start
Along with the checking accounts, the savings account has an equal significance that can not be neglected. The basic details of the accounts are;
|Primary Share Savings Account
|Basic savings account, foundational for APCU membership. Requires a nominal amount to open and maintain.
|Money Market Account
|Offers higher interest rates compared to regular savings accounts based on balance tiers. Rates and tiers may vary.
|Secondary Savings Account
|Additional savings account for members aiming to save for specific goals or purposes.
|Special savings accounts for specific purposes like holidays or vacations. Typically, no minimum balance requirements and easy access to funds.
|Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
|Offers fixed interest rates for the term of the certificate. Various term lengths are available.
|Individual Retirement Accounts
|IRA savings accounts designed for retirement savings. Different types available, such as Traditional or Roth IRAs, each with specific tax advantages.
|Linked to Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back checking accounts. Automatically transfers rewards from checking to savings.
Certificates of Deposit
Both CDs and money market accounts are versatile in terms of their options; these options are more versatile in comparison with saving and checking accounts. They offer higher & competitive interest rates, but they come with penalties for early withdrawals.
Standard Certificates of Deposit:
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $500
- Terms: Ranging from 91 days to 60 months
- Interest Rates: Competitive
- Penalties: Applied for early withdrawals
First-Time Savers’ Certificates:
- Eligibility: Youth members aged 0 to 18 with an APCU Youth Savings Account
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $250
- Interest Rates: Same as standard CDs
- Penalties: Applied for early withdrawals
In addition to all this, the Money Market Accounts are also available for the members with higher interest rates.
APCU provides a variety of mortgage loan products, including:
- No Closing Cost Mortgage Program
- VA Mortgages
- Mortgage Refinancing
- Second Mortgages
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
These mortgage options are suitable enough to deal with the varied needs of the customers. People can rely on it for purchasing a new home along with refinancing, or for utilizing home equity.
Other Loan Products
Besides mortgage loans, APCU offers a range of other loan products, including:
- Auto Loans
- Motorcycle/Boat/RV Loans
- Farm Equipment Loans
- Personal Loans
- Education Loans
- Debt Protection Plans
- Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP)
- Extended Warranty Protection
These loans are designed to suit various personal, educational, and business needs of the members.
Additional Products and Services
APCU also offers additional services such as:
- Visa Credit and Debit Cards
- ATM Services
- Visa Gift Cards
- Online and Mobile Banking Services
- Bill Pay Services
- Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction
- Wire Transfer Services
These additional services provide convenience and security, enhancing the banking experience for APCU members.
Comparison Overview with Other Institutes
|Atlanta Postal Credit Union
|SunTrust Bank (Truist)
|Checking, savings, CDs, money market accounts, various loan products
|A range of banking products, including checking, savings, CDs, and loans
|Wide array of banking products including checking, savings, CDs, loans
|Primarily serves postal and federal employees in Georgia
|Serves a wide range of customers, with significant operations in the southeastern U.S.
|Nationwide customer base with extensive branch network
|Online and mobile banking services
|Online banking and mobile services
|Advanced online and mobile banking platforms
|Limited to Georgia
|Wide presence in the southeastern U.S., with branches and ATMs
|Extensive nationwide branch and ATM network
|Community and member-focused with personalized services
|Focuses on personal and business banking services
|Offers a broad range of financial services to diverse customer groups
|Financial education, counseling, student scholarships
|Investment services, wealth management
|Comprehensive financial advisory, wealth management, and investment services
Pros and Cons Analysis
- Diverse Financial Products – APCU caters to multiple products that include money market accounts, savings and checking accounts, CDs, and multiple loan options.
- Specialized Accounts – Accounts customized and modified for various peer groups and requirements, such as youth accounts and First-Time Savers’ Certificates and newbies.
- Competitive CD Rates – Their CDs have contender interest rates, with terms fluctuating from 91 days to 60 months.
- Additional Services – Provides multiple services like bill pay, E-banking, and Visa cards.
- Community-Focused – As a credit union, APCU is more presumably to have a community-focused reach and individualized client service.
- Limited Branch Locations – Revolving around for the most part in Georgia, approachability may be bounded for those who are exterior to the state.
- Potential Membership Restrictions – Credit unions often have particular associateship appropriateness demands.
- Possibly Lower Technology Investment – Being a small-scale organization, it might not have the same extent of advanced technology and app refinement as macro-scale banks.
Customer reviews can be quite subjective and for the factual basis, this aspect varies widely. For getting the most appropriate customer feedback, it is advised to check reputable financial review websites. In addition to all this, the customers can also rely on the APCU’s customer testimonials.
- Services – APCU seems to offer a comprehensive range of services that cater to various financial needs, which is commendable for a credit union.
- Customer-Centric Approach – Credit unions like APCU generally focus more on customer service and member benefits, given their community-oriented nature. This can lead to a more personalized banking experience.
Atlanta Postal Credit Union presents a comprehensive array of financial products and services, with a strong emphasis on serving its community and members. Its focus on diverse account options and customer service is a significant advantage.
However, potential customers should consider factors like limited physical branch locations and specific membership requirements. Overall, APCU can be a good choice for those who qualify for membership and are seeking a community-focused banking experience.
APCU offers a variety of accounts including checking, savings, CDs, money market accounts, and youth accounts.
Yes, they provide various loans such as auto, personal, education, mortgage, and HELOC.
Yes, APCU provides online and mobile banking services.
Membership is typically available to postal and federal employees, and members of select organizations in Georgia.
Yes, APCU offers mortgage refinancing as part of its mortgage loan products.